Okay, so I imagine you all know that Matt is a police officer. Well, he can't just turn it off when he comes home, so whenever we're driving around as a family, he's always pointing out "shady" cars--meaning something about the vehicle gives him a "hinky" feeling, and if he were on duty, he'd pull it over. Well, this afternoon I was driving home with Connor and he points to a car in the passing lane and suddenly says, "Mommy, is that a shady car?" I don't think it was, but I said, "I don't know. It might be." He asks, "Do you think it was stolen?" "No, honey, I don't, but not all shady cars are stolen." Great. My 4-year-old is already trying to figure out who the "bad guys" are. I think Daddy might have to tone down his off-duty policing, but then again, I called Matt at work to tell him, and he's all proud.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Shady Cars
Okay, so I imagine you all know that Matt is a police officer. Well, he can't just turn it off when he comes home, so whenever we're driving around as a family, he's always pointing out "shady" cars--meaning something about the vehicle gives him a "hinky" feeling, and if he were on duty, he'd pull it over. Well, this afternoon I was driving home with Connor and he points to a car in the passing lane and suddenly says, "Mommy, is that a shady car?" I don't think it was, but I said, "I don't know. It might be." He asks, "Do you think it was stolen?" "No, honey, I don't, but not all shady cars are stolen." Great. My 4-year-old is already trying to figure out who the "bad guys" are. I think Daddy might have to tone down his off-duty policing, but then again, I called Matt at work to tell him, and he's all proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment