This year was Matt's first July 4th off in forever. And how did he spend it? Puking. He got the stomach flu and spent all weekend puking. Connor and I have been keeping our distance, in hopes of not catching it. So far, so good (knock on wood). Connor and I headed to Heather and Joel's to celebrate the 4th (in case you haven't noticed by now, we go over there a lot--they have a lot more space for entertaining). There were other family members and neighbors there, which meant six kids total (and a happy Connor). We played, ate, and had our own little fireworks show. It was so much fun! And not wanting to be the inconsiderate wife, I occasionally called or texted Matt to check on him and see if he needed anything.
Anyhow, I would love to post pics of all the fun and chaos, but I didn't bring my camera. Why? Because one of my lenses (which is no longer under warranty) is broken (again) and my built-in flash is also broken. I did some research and found that the flash on my particular model (Nikon D50 SLR--since discontinued) has been a problem. To replace the lens, I'm looking at $200+. To fix the flash, I'm looking at $150+. Or to buy an external flash, I'm looking at $200+. Either way, I'm looking at $400+ to regain full picturing-taking capacity. However, if I buy a brand new, upgraded SLR camera (I'm looking at the D60), which comes with the lenses I want, it'll cost $700. So, it looks like I might be getting an early Christmas present in the next few months. Why fix an outdated, discontinued model when for a few hundred more I have the newest one--and under warranty? But in the meantime, my picture taking will be limited to daytime pics. Better than nothing, though...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment