Sunday, January 24, 2010

What Rhymes with Store?

So among other things, Connor has been learning about words that rhyme in kindergarten. So today, while in the car, he asks me, "Hey mom, what rhymes with store?"

I say, "Bore."

He says, "Yeah. I have one: whore." (Connor just takes letters and adds them to the ending sound, sometimes not knowing if he's coming up with a real word.)

I half choke/half laugh in shock, while driving.

Connor says, "What? Is whore a word?"

I tell him, "Yes, but it's not a nice one."

So Connor asks, "Well, what is a whore?"

I'm not prepared to answer that, so I tell him it's just not a nice word and we shouldn't say it. He accepts that--for now. So, unpleasant discussion avoided for the time being. And hopefully we won't soon discuss what rhymes with truck.

1 comment:

jamielblev said...

Yeah, we went through this. Trying rhyming Tucker.