Friday, October 1, 2010

Bumper Boats

I thought these looked fun and bought two for Connor and any friend he brought with us to the lake. Well, these bumper boats are/were a big hit, but they're a pain, too. For starters, they're huge. I have to deflate them to fit them in my car, bring the electric pump, and then pump them up at the beach--and then I have to deflate them to get them home. (I really need a bigger car.) Also, one of them developed a leak (a slow one, thank goodness), but Matt and I can't find it. We've tried the whole soapy water bit, but with no luck. My other complaint, if it even counts as one, is that they are/were such a hit at the beach. I was bombarded with kids wanting a turn. The second time we took them, I had to pull them out of the water because my friend Paula and I were spending more time mediating whose turn was next and were having a hard time keeping a thorough eye on our kids. It just wasn't safe, so we "grounded" the bumper boats for the rest of the play date, which was a huge disappointment for our kids.

No comments: