Saturday, October 2, 2010

Moon Sand Baseball

A few weeks before school started Connor had his friend Christian spend the night. Well, they were in the basement playing, and I was in the kitchen. I could hear everything they were saying and doing, so I didn't think anything of it when I heard them get out the Moon Sand and after a bit Christian said, "Your mom is going to kill us!" I figured they were playing with the Moon Sand on the floor, which I know many parents frown upon, but I allow Connor to and just vacuum it up afterwards. (I tried having him play with it on a towel before, but no matter what, a mess is made and the vacuum is required, so why bother trying to avoid the mess to begin with?) Well, after a while Connor and Christian summoned me downstairs. They wanted me to see the Moon Sand "game" they invented. They had been rolling it into little "baseballs" and trying to throw the balls into my M&M displays. Oh. My. Gosh. What a mess! At this point, I did what any parent would do: I asked them to discontinue the game, laughed, and took pictures (unfortunately, the sand is pink, so it's not easy to see how bad the mess really was). It took me over an hour to vacuum it up the next day, and I still find bits and pieces stuck in various crevices to this day.



No comments: