Saturday, May 30, 2009

Connor's 5th Birthday

On May 3 Connor turned 5! That day we went to church, where we took donut holes for him to share with his Sunday School class, went out to eat at Red Lobster (Connor's choice), went to Chuck E. Cheese to play, and finally came home, opened presents, and had cake and ice cream. Grandpa Fix had come down for the special day.






Two weeks later, on Saturday, we had a "family party," but Grandma Boat was in the hospital; Aunt Bekah, Uncle Dan, and Cousin Nathaniel had other obligations; Uncle Ben had to work; and my side of the family (the Williams clan) lives too far away. So, it was Grandpa Fix (again), Aunt Beth, and us to celebrate with Connor. We still had a blast, and Connor had lots more presents to open.




Finally, later that week, I got the moms of his two best buddies together, and we (moms and kids) met for a 3 1/2-hour-long Chuck E. Cheese playdate.

So, instead of one big bash, Connor had three mini ones--and enjoyed them all!

2 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Happy Birthday! My goodness they are growing up fast. Is that a DS I see him playing with? Lucky kid!

Shey said...

He got the DS for Christmas. He was just really pooped at the end of the day, so we picked up all his new birthday gifts and then he wanted to "relax" by curling up under his new Star Wars blanket (which he specifically asked Grandma Williams for) and playing DS. I play Bedazzled on my phone as I wind down for the night, so I think he's imitating me. ; )