So far school is going well for Connor. He just started the second week today. Connor did cry a little Friday morning, complaining that school was boring, so I thought today, after having the weekend off, would be rough. It wasn't. Maybe the weekend reminded him that being home could be boring, too. LOL. As for the boring thing, we told Connor that the first few weeks would be spent reviewing things he already knows because the teacher needs to make sure that all the students know some basic material before she can teach new material. He seems satisfied with that explanation. As for what he does at school, that's anyone's guess (including ours) because he won't talk about it. He's just in kindergarten and he already doesn't want to tell Mommy and Daddy about his day! We're gleaning things, though, from what he's trying to "teach" us. For example, "Hey Mom, repeat after me. A says 'aahh' and is for apple." Or tonight he held up different objects and had me identify the shapes that they were. So, I'm assuming that these are things his teacher does with the class. Connor also has a sudden fondness for playing Simon Says, so I'm guessing they do that, too. So, it looks like we're going to have to learn about his day from his "example."
On another note, after school today we were in Target and Connor wanted a kid umbrella. I do plan on buying him one eventually, but it's not high on my priority list, and my Target only has a monkey umbrella right now for kids. Well, Connor looks at me and, because I'm not going to buy just any old umbrella to satisfy his in-the-moment want, says, "But Mom, everybody else at school has one." And so it begins: I'm going to spend the next several years hearing about what everybody else has and what everybody else does.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shey - the meltdowns are at home after she decompresses from school not because she doesn't want to leave. She's been "good" all day in school that she falls apart at the end. I hope school doesn't stay boring for Connor ;-)
Post a Comment